To be kind and generous is not a sacrifice, it is a privilege. The gifts we give to others bring more joy and inspiration to ourselves than to the receiver. Here are 7 great reasons to practice kindness and generosity.
- In gratitude, we find true peace, contentment and satisfaction in life. Giving is an outward expression of gratitude. It helps us focus on what we have instead of what is missing. It perpetuates gratitude.
- Desires, selfishness and materialism are a burden which can drain inspiration. Giving frees us instantly from this burden.
- Scarcity and suffering are contagious. Helping someone overcome scarcity and suffering is uplifting and motivating.
- Joy is contagious. Knowing that we’ve contributed to that joy is inspiring.
- Kindness is inspiring to others.
- When we take time to consider all the things we have to offer, we realize just how wealthy we are.
- Kindness makes the world a better place. What could be better than living in a world that is better because you made it so.