Here is a list of simple affirmations to help us live in the present.
- “Today is a New Day. It is free from the past.”
- “What can I do this moment to live the life I want to live?”
- “What can I do this moment to express my gratitude?”
- “With each moment, with each mistake and with each experience, I am growing in wisdom, creativity and success beyond any limits that I can comprehend.”
- “God has the future and has given me the present as a gift.”
- “I trust God’s plan.”
- Reframe future goals in the present. Instead of saying, “I plan to lose 10 pounds”, say “I am in the process of losing 10 pounds.”
- “I choose to improve the health of my body.”
- “Happiness is a choice. I choose to be grateful and enjoy this moment.”
- “This moment is my life. I am living my life now.”
I have found it helpful to place simple affirmations in places I will read and reflect on them frequently. Since I spend a great deal of time on my computer, I have electronic sticky notes stating goals and affirmations.
I hope you find these helpful. Please, feel free to suggest additions to the list.